Wednesday, May 14, 2008

The legend of Randy lives on and on..



Click here to read a thread about The great One at Hawkeye Nation. Here's an excerpt:

"Posted: 4/20/2008 11:06 AM
Re: Randy Lewis' gold medal match


Thanks GG, this was fun to watch. Reminds me of one of my favorite Randy Lewis memories. Any or all of this recollection could be inaccurate given the fog of the years, but I have a vivid memory of watching Lewis wrestle a match in the Big Ten Tournament in Iowa City. I believe he was wrestling a kid from Illinois. Early in the match Lewis stuck his leg out inviting a leg shot from the opponent, the kid took the leg and Lewis pounded him, probably for back points in addition to a takedown. Later on the feet again, Lewis baits him with the leg again, the kid shoots again and promptly gets pounded again. Still later, on the feet again, Lewis sticks his leg out again, and the kid TAKES A BIG STEP BACKWARDS. It was hilarious and my friends and I laughed our a$$es off."



***

No comments: